Simplified moldbase design
Many toolmakers rely on a 2D CAD approach for designing moldbases. Accordingly, Creo Elelments/Pro Expert Moldbase Extension provides an ideal solution. Process-based and easy-to-learn, it allows the toolmaker to work in a familiar 2D environment, while employing all the power and benefits of 3D, drastically cutting lead time.
Features & Benefits
- Speed design through simple, process-driven workflows to automated moldbase design and detailing
- Includes libraries for 17 moldbase/component suppliers (e.g., screws, ejector pins, sliders, cooling fittings)
- Automatic ejector pin, waterline, and fittings functions, automated runners and waterline checks
- Prevents costly rework and reduces cycle time by eliminating mistakes, via a 3D environment
- Reduces the need for redesigns by automatically updating tooling models, drawings and electrodes